Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dear Sex And The City

Dear Sex and the city,
I am writing you this letter because I cannot tell you face to face what I need to say to you. We once were a strong team, you and I. For almost a decade we shared love, tears, laughter and some of the best times of my life. You opened me up to new ideas and bonded friendships with people surrounding me. There were times when you were so amazing that I had to rewatch the bootleg vhs copies over immediately. In the beginning, we stumbled a little as you found you footing, but I was alway there to praise you and lift you up to all the people who thought you would fail.
You taught me that going into my thirties, I could still be fun and alive, no matter what the mass media told me. We grew together. And I honestly never ever thought we would part or I would have ill feelings toward you. As our relationship came to its bittersweet conclusion and we had to say goodbye, I remember tearing up a little, not because I was so sad to see you go, but I would forever have memories of you and luckily could revisit those memories anytime I wanted too. I could watch you trek to HOLLYWOOD for a two episode arch. I could see all the amazing places that I wanted to visit when I went to New York City. And how can I ever forget the clothes, the hats and all those shoes. I felt very lucky to be able to have that connection whenever I wanted too.

Years later, long after our relationship was done, you surprised me and popped back up in my life for a brief time. You came back into my life in a heated rush and it was exciting to see how you had grown and expanded your life. It was an amazing and wonderful affair that still makes my heartbeat race a little when I think about it, because there was a special place in my heart for you. One of those true loves that even though is gone, never disappears.

Now you have decided that we needed to be together again and I foolishly gave you a chance. The minute you started dropping hints that you were going to be back in my life once again, that rush hit me, but this time I was a little more cautious. I didn't really understand why you thought it was necessary to rehash old plots lines and dust off tired old jokes. I think the worst part of your return was I saw something in you that I had never seen before, a shallowness that pooled to the surface in tacky outfits and horrible dialogue. After our encounter, I felt used and taken advantage of. All the times I had defended you. All the times I explained all the goodness and wonder of you to others, you present me with this? All the joy and happiness that you gave me will now be completely forgotten about, because your awfulness during this last visit was so terrible that I cannot get past it. And it is best for me to let you go. Luckily, it seems like you don't have to worry about returning, because your actions were so cutthroat and demeaning to your fans. Love Affairs that end on a good note, should stay that way.

I wish that I could say that I wish you the best, but honestly I don't. You should feel the wrath for this and I think you will suffer the worst fate. You will become completely forgotten about and the only thing people will talk about was just how ugly and nasty you were to your friends and lovers. Pointing fingers and placing blame are too things that I like to stir clear off, but this is all on you. Life is already hard enough. I do not need you to come and try to make it even worst. You are out of touch with anything real and have lost your soul.

So with this letter, I hope you understand that we cannot meet again. Once I am able to get over the scars and pain that you have left, I might be able to go back and revisit those wonderful memories that we shared so many years ago, but right now all i can see is Liza singing "SINGLE LADIES (PUT A RING ON IT)".


BADMOVIEART

No comments:

Post a Comment